Tuesday, September 19, 2017

my everyday style: fringe sweater!

What's your biggest challenge in getting dressed each day? I always love to pick out cute outfits and plan them out carefully, but I'll be honest that some days I just get too lazy to get dressed.  So instead I will just throw on a ratty old t-shirt and jeans and then call it quits.  Since I work at home there are a lot of days that I don't interact much with other adults and since I doubt my kids notice what I am wearing, it seems like too much effort.

That's why I love to have wardrobe formulas on hand that are easy to pick out and easy to throw on so I can avoid the ho-hum outfits.  Don't get me wrong, there isn't anything bad about my jeans and a t-shirt combo, it's just that I feel better about myself and usually feel more productive when I actually have an "outfit" on.  I find that making these "formulas" as EASY as possible means I'm more likely to go for them when I get out of the shower vs my lazy standbys.  Jeans and a sweater is my go-to for fall and winter.  It's so easy, it's warm, the sweater can be worn on it's own or with a coat or jacket over top - it's everything good about an outfit.  I especially try to keep sweaters on hand that are fun to wear, have a little extra something to them (like this fringe detail, shop it here or here) and of course that are soft and not-itchy so that I can wear them all day with ease.  Then I can just throw on a pair of jeans and flats and I am set for the day!

I rounded up some of my other favorite sweaters right now below... who's going to join me hoarding sweaters for the winter like squirrels!?










Outfit Details
Sweater (here or here, I'm wearing a small)

Shop my look...


Shop sweaters I love for fall...



 

site design by kiki co.