Monday, February 19, 2018

my everyday style: beating the winter blahs!

I was going to title this post "Beating the Winter Blues" - but I don't have the winter blues, friends (although, I've been there, done that before). I have the "winter blahs."  Everything is just so "blah." I could take a blow torch to my winter clothes - they just are NOT inspiring me lately. I want to wear leggings and sweatshirts everyday and hey, I love leggings and sweatshirts but I'm worried I've reached a precipice of the leggings and sweatshirt combo where I might fall over the edge and never come back.  I've done a little shopping for spring travel, but otherwise I can't bring myself to buy new "cold weather" pieces and can't bring myself to wear my existing winter clothes.  And it's too dang cold to wear much else. So where does that leave a gal? Besides naked or in leggings and sweatshirts!?!?  Have you been feeling the same? What's a girl to do?

So I've been turning to neutrals again and again (and again and again).  Which you know, I'm big into neutrals anyway, so that's not too much of a difference. Maybe I need to just go wild and throw some yellow or red in the mix?  The good news is I'm loving this oversized cable knit sweater - it is SO comfortable and perfect for spring to winter, bonus it's on sale!  My husband and I recently snuck out on a Saturday afternoon for lunch together and I wore this outfit. It was the perfect casual Saturday look. When the sun shines I love to break out the distressed jeans and love every minute of it, because let's be honest, you can't wear these babies in a snowstorm.  This exact pair is old, but I found a few similar pairs here and here.

In the meantime I need a little shake up.  It's like what do I even like? What do I even WANT to wear? I need something - but even I don't even know what I need! Spring, maybe? I'm seriously hoping that warmer weather and longer days will help get me out of my funk soon!








Outfit Details:
Peacoat (similar, similar or similar or I love this trench option for spring)
Sweater - on sale!!
Jeans (similar, similar or similar)



 

site design by kiki co.